Patient Coordinator- Job Description
At Southern Oaks Dental our entire team is passionate about one simple unified mission, to provide exceptional dental care to our patients while making a positive impact within our community. We are looking to add another exceptional person to that team.
This applicant would be responsible for scheduling, organizing and managing all aspects of a patient’s dental care maintenance and treatment. Applicant must have highly developed verbal and written communication skills that will expedite and facilitate patient understanding of dental health needs while maintaining a high level of respect and confidentiality for the patient. They will utilize strong organizational skills necessary to systematize a care plan for several patients at once. As the first person of contact you must be friendly and welcoming, bringing a sense of tranquility to our patients.
- Greeting patients as they arrive and answering the phones.
- Management of all financial aspects of a practice, completing and filing insurance forms and dental billing records.
- Ensuring that the appointment book stays full by keeping up with patients that want to be seen sooner.
- Making sure patients are comfortable and that they fully understand their treatment plans/ financial options.
- Scheduling and maintaining patient appointments.
- Dental Charting and Treatment Planning.
- Translating dental services into proper billable codes.
- Office duties including document filing and scanning.
- Dental experience, preferably with Dentrix software
- Excellent phone and in-person communication skills.
- Highly organized, good time management and multitasking abilities.
- An understanding of dental office procedures and workflow.
- Computer literacy in basic applications such as Excel and Microsoft Office.
*Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com all submissions will be treated with confidentiality.