Tooth-Colored Fillings – Tyler, TX
Invest in Metal-Free Fillings
A filling doesn't have to be a constant reminder of a cavity. Whether you have an old metal filling or a new cavity that needs to be treated, you can benefit from a solution that will blend in with your tooth. Dr. Travis A. Markle provides tooth-colored fillings to fix decayed teeth using a material that looks natural. The material is completely metal-free to support your overall wellness. Here's how you can benefit from metal-free fillings to improve your oral and general health.
Why Choose Southern Oaks Dental
for Tooth-Colored Fillings?
- Personalized Treatment Plans
- High-Quality Materials
- Natural-Looking Results
What are Tooth-Colored Fillings?
Traditional fillings are made of a mixture of metals, including mercury. Although they've been used for decades, concerns about long-term mercury exposure have arisen. Not to mention, they stick out like a sore thumb because of their dark color.
Tooth-colored fillings have become the preferred solution for decay. A composite resin is shaded to the color of enamel to look like part of a tooth. Only a trained dental professional will know it is there. Composite fillings don't contain any metals, so there's no concern for allergic reactions or mercury exposure.
The Process of Getting a Tooth-Colored Filling
Any areas of decay are removed and your tooth is cleaned and dried before Dr. Markle applies a weak acid to its surface. This creates a strong bonding surface, so wedges aren't cut into your tooth to support the filling. As a result, you'll maintain more of your tooth's healthy structure. After the acid is rinsed off your tooth, Dr. Markle will apply the resin, which has been previously shaded to match your enamel. He will sculpt it into the ideal shape before hardening it with a special dental light. He will smooth and polish your tooth to put the final touches on your beautiful smile.
The Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings
Tooth-colored fillings offer various benefits that aren't possible using amalgam, like:
- Biocompatible and Metal-Free: The biocompatible resin will support your general wellness for a healthy mouth and body.
- Natural-Looking Results: You'll never have to worry about a dark spot blemishing your smile. Your filling will look like your enamel for seamless results.
- Durable, Long-Lasting Solution: Tooth-colored fillings can last for 5 to 15 years before needing to be replaced.
- Affordable: Composite fillings are covered by many dental insurance plans. We will work on your behalf with your dental insurance to maximize your benefits to lower the amount you will pay out-of-pocket.
Don't settle for less than the best when treating cavities. Dr. Markel can create a healthy, beautiful smile that you'll be proud to show off using tooth-colored materials. Request an appointment through our website or call (903) 419-4439.